Creative people need a place to retreat to where they can channel their inspiration. We need to make space in our lives so our ideas can manifest. Setting aside a period of time each day provides us with our window of opportunity for Awen to come into our lives but equally we need a physical space be it a chair, a windowsill or a set room.
- Ask and give yourself permission to use the space
- Give it a thorough cleaning, and then cleanse it by smudging with salt water, prayer, toning and music.
- Raise the Awen, asking it to bless your space and commune with you there
- Light a blue candle (the Bardic colour) when you are working there
- Add images, icons, quotes, or anything else you find inspiring
- Don’t clutter, keep your space clean and sacred
- Use your space every day
© Gwion chan Beithe