I am always deeply honoured to receive awards from my fellow bloggers. It is a healthy reminder of the community we build whilst we share our thoughts, images and writings. It does not matter where in the world we are, the act of blogging brings us close together by sharing aspects of our lives over the internet in our own way.
It is also a timely reminder that as bloggers we only know how our posts are received by our readers through likes, comments and indeed these awards. By accepting this award I am making a commitment to comment more on the blogs I read.
I give my deepest thanks to Horty for nominating the Boypoet for the Real Neat Blog Award and for the above reminders.
Horty’s Blog can be found here so drop by and visit her sometime
The ‘rules’ of The Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards)
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
I am going to use the same seven questions as Horty so my answers are here too
- Where do most visits to your blog come from?
According to the stats it is the US of A.
- What is your favourite sport?
Rugby, Cymru am Byth
- What has been a special moment for you in 2014?
The moment a voice on the telephone told me my gender marker had been changed to male. Nothing will ever beat that, apart from the GRC and new birth certificate. I feel like I have been given permission to be myself and live as myself.
- What is your favourite quote?
“One is not born a man, he becomes one”
- What was your favourite class when still at school?
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
To stand up for myself and be who I am
- What musical instrument have you tried to play?”
Guitar, and still trying!
My nominations are:
Passion through Poetry
A Shade of Pen
© JG Farmer 2014